In this webinar, originally presented to students in the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Master’s in Analytics program, Burtch Works' recruiters cover helpful information and do’s and don’ts for quantitative students graduating their degree programs who hope to get into the growing fields of analytics and data science.
They cover a wide range of topics including:
- How Burtch Works defines Big Data professionals vs. Data Scientists
- Skills required for advanced analytics (Big Data) and data science
- Typical qualifications of professionals in these fields
- Sample job postings and view of the market
- Key tips for resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and job boards
- How to make yourself stand out with Kaggle competitions or specialty certifications
- What you can expect for an entry-level salary
- The benefits/drawbacks of consulting roles
- How the recruiting process works
- Helpful information for international students
Stay tuned afterwards for the audience Q&A. For more career tips a...