Link for all dot net and sql server video tutorial playlists
Link for slides, code samples and text version of the video
In this video we will discuss
1. What are cookies and why are they needed
2. How to write a cookie and read it later
Why are cookies needed
Web applications work on HTTP protocol which is a stateless protocol. This means after the web server has processed the client request for a web page, the web server will not remember anything about the client that made the request. Let us understand what this statement means with an example.
1. Design a web page with a DropDownList.
2. When the user selects a color from the DropDownList we want to change the background color of the page to the selected color.
3. We want the web application to remember the user's preferred color. On a subsequent visit to the same page it should display the page with the...